At Your Best Life. Mind-Body Wellness Coaching/ Experienced and Caring Hypnotherapist
|Posted on April 13, 2015 at 8:15 PM|
Even the most courageous people have fears to overcome. Are you afraid of something tangible, like spiders or heights? Maybe you fear change or failure, or something else that's more difficult to pin down. No matter what it is that scares you, learn how to acknowledge, confront and take ownership of your fear to keep it from holding you back in life.
Analyze Your Fear
1. Start by acknowledging it:
It's easy to ignore or deny our fears, even to ourselves, in a society that stresses the importance of being strong and brave. But courage can't come into play unless you have a fear to face down. By owning your feelings you've taken the first step toward gaining control over the situation.
2. Name your fear...sometimes fear makes itself known immediately other times not so much. Let your fear rise to the surface so that you know what it is you are trying to overcome. Write it down, writing it down is a way of acknowledging you have a problem you want to overcome.
3. Define its contours: What is the history of your fear? What triggers your fear? How does your fear affect you? Is the source of your fear actually dangerous? Is the source of your fear actually dangerous?
4. Imagine the outcome you desire:
If your fear is commitment, your first concrete goal may be to date someone for longer than a month.
If your fear is heights, you may want to be able to go on a hiking trip with the outdoor club or with some friends .
If your fear is spiders, you might want to be able to handle seeing a spider in your bathroom next time that situation arises.
5. Take Control of Your Fear:
Try gradual desensitization, Consider direct confrontation, Don't let the momentum subside. ( Stay determined to persevere )
6. Change the Way You Think About Fear:
Make your fear a source of fascination, Start seeing fear as an opportunity.
7. Give Fear a Place in Your Life: Let yourself be afraid sometimes.
There's no way to completely eliminate fear from your life. It's as valid an emotion as joy or sadness. Fear builds character and teaches us how to act with courage.
Last and certainly not least.....
8. CELEBRATE YOUR VICTORIES....Celebrate each milestone big or small;
Hypnosis can help you overcome your fears and phobias: Hypnosis provides an extremely effective cure for these problems as it provides the opposite of anxiety - deep relaxation. At the same time, it teaches the mind a different way of responding to the feared object or situation.
Hypnosis for phobias works by detaching the stimulus (trigger object) from the emotional response (fear) and ' updating' the brain with a new, more realistic response.